- Once a bi-polar enters a healthcare facility all phone numbers of family or friends are made sure to be on hand in the event of a problem.
- Bi-polars should have their own doctor to be able to explain to temporary doctors such as are in an ER, so that they are not mistaken for a "bad personality" or "asshole."
- A summary of reactions to stress should be involved as if the intake is for "physical health" that will NOT happen at a mental facility. Most do not handle both issues, so a hospital needs to prepare.
- If the patient is conscious immediately find out what medications they can and cannot take. I cannot take many type of medications making me susceptible to serious conflicts and mood swings. Loss of abilty to fully communicate.
- A call to the mental health to let them know there is someone of this nature on hand would help,, as long as there is any mental health help left.
- Talk to your doctor and sign up a friend or family member to make decisions when you cannot or they can at least help. Many people do not react well to hospitals, and bi-polars are no exception.
- Create a chart to show your moods, much like a pain chart.
- Pain and bi-polar are not buddies and manic rage can come on when there's too much pain. find out the level of pain the person can handle.
- Give patients medications they are used to taking. New meds are always a challenge and certain medications can cause suicidal or other homicidal thoughts.
- Maintain communication as best possible, but do not pretend, always know the person has a keen sense of people and their motives, it comes with bi-polar.
These are simple, that is what we need is simple. If I ask a question, what medication are you giving me, for example, the process unless so dire, should stop and explanations should occur. Communication the key.
I now have a serious mental problems I cannot define, but have to somehow try and deal with. My family and friends have tried to be there, but we are too far away, but make those important phone calls and write emails.
The mission I am on right now means that I stay busy as I don't that's when I begin to worry about trauma. I've had so much of it in my life, and I certainly am no threat, yet, but it could happen. It could happen before I can stop it.
I am hoping that in my case I can make a difference and bring people to do the right things. But I don't hold much hope is my problem, too many of the negtivity is getting hold as days go by.
If there were to be a miracle of some sort, something good coming out of something so horrific, then I could rest peacefully. So far, it looks as if some are not aware of how close things have come of recent to being different than what I want.
But I'm beginning to believe that we do have a war on our hands, and blood as been spilled for lesser things, so why not?
Jerry Browns talks of anarchy, so I guess I will too. Brown does what he wants with as much self admiration we can't get him away from the mirror, and now he needs to quit looking at himself and begin to see that problems can be turned easier with less government.
Or at least keep it simple. Don't let the bi-polars out of our nets, you never know about us, with the energy and creativity, it's a lost resource, labled damaged and stigmatized.