Thursday, July 23, 2009

The creative souls

"You have to learn to accept rejection and reject acceptance."

One of the ways to really allow yourself flights of fancy into creativity is not letting anything or anyone stop you. True Freedom comes from your ability to fail. So, many talented people stop themselves because they don't think that their vision or whatever you want to call it, is acceptable or lives up to the expectation of others.

If you're bi-polar you may find yourself feeling different and out of place, but there is a place for everyone. And all you have to do to find it, is look inside yourself. It's there.

I recognize the struggle we all go through on a day to day basis, but that's the only way to live is second to second, day to day, being aware of what you're doing and why.

There are those swept up into a chemical reality, I know I've seen it first hand in my own family.

And I've seen some of them come back. My cousin, who knew most of her life she was likely bi-polar, but now she is accepting the situation. She's made a lot of progress. she is now becoming more creative, thinking outside that suffocating box.

I've seen a lot of progress with my friends, their children, in spite of much struggle. It's amazing really.

You may get beaten up, but never allow yourself to be beaten down.

No comments:

Post a Comment