Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Final days...

These are my final days in London and Scooter help me, they have been intense emotionally. We had fun last night with my friend's cousin and her roommate who have recently moved to London from Spain.

I must say that I personally adore the people of Spain, with a few exceptions, I have come to love every one of them I've had the pleasure of meeting on this trip.

We enjoyed a great Indian dinner, curry chicken, and while we were eating, I asked the girls if their taste buds were calling for Spanish food. They both laughed and I could completely empathize with their expressions. They want their own goddam food. 

"Jamon" one of them declared.

They are both moving here at a time when the Spanish youth have little opportunity in their own country. But I have noticed in the press and comments made by the Brits that they don't appreciate their jobs being filled by foreigners. Big surprise.


The girls are bright and enthusiastic and they are quite willing to put themselves in the situation where they must speak better English to get along with those around them.

After a few glasses of wine, some fucking awesome food, I had a good night's sleep and have been sleeping all morning. I'm still in bed thinking I really need some Immodium as my guts have been roiling since the moment I got here five weeks ago today. lol

Tonight one last pub run is in order. I'm pretty sure I have the devil out of my system, but then, hey you never know. Anyone want to test that out?

Getting back to the states will be interesting as my spirit is sorting out a lot of issues that came up while on this trip.

We the people of this shared vision called life must make some sort of change. What kind will it be? A massive war with total destruction? Acceptance of our dual nature?  Some sort of miraculous awakening?

I guess it's up to each individual to decide what sort of life we want to lead. I'll end with a selection from the Course in Miracles which is one of so many sources available to us all:

 ...But healing is the gift of those who are prepared to learn there is no world, and can accept the lesson now. Their readiness will bring the lesson to them in some form which they can understand and recognize. Some see it suddenly on point of death, and rise to teach it. Others find it in experience that is not of this world, which shows them that the world does not exist because what they behold must be the truth, and yet it clearly contradicts the world.


....You are as God created you. There is no place where you can suffer, and no time that can bring change to your eternal state. How can a world of time and place exist, if you remain as God created you?

.... What is the lesson for today except another way of saying that to know your Self is the salvation of the world? To free the world from every kind of pain is but to change your mind about yourself. There is no world apart from your ideas because ideas leave not their source, and you maintain the world within your mind in thought. 


....I loose the world from all I thought it was,
and choose my own reality instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment